Join us for an educational presentation and Q&A session on May 13th, 2020 with Dr. Jenny Thomas, MD, MPH, IBCLC, FAAP, FABM to discuss the many implications for lactation support during COVID-19 including but not limited to:
- The pros/cons of dyad separation
- Current WHO, CDC, & AAP recommendations
- Breastfeeding support via telemedicine/in person
- Mental Health and Isolation
- Local implications of COVID-19
This event is intended for physicians, physician assistants, international board certified lactation counselors, lactation professionals, registered dietitians, nurse practitioners, certified midwives, doulas, students, and other professionals working with pregnant patients and/or breastfeeding dyads during COVID-19.
About the speaker:
Dr. Jenny Thomas, MD, MPH, IBCLC, FAAP, FABM is a pediatrician and breastfeeding medicine specialist at Aurora Healthcare in Franklin, Wisconsin. She is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Community and Family Medicine and Pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She received both her MD and MPH from MCW. She has been an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) since 2003. She currently serves on the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Breastfeeding Executive Board.
A founder and Immediate-past Chairperson of the Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition, Dr. Thomas serves on the Medical Advisory Board for the Mother’s Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes. She is one of only a few physicians internationally to be recognized as a Fellow of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (FABM) for her expertise in breastfeeding.
- This event is FREE and open to the public. If you are able, please consider the suggested donation of $20. Every donation will go towards educating employers and childcare providers, establishing lactation areas, and providing professional development for lactation and other healthcare professionals in Northern Colorado.
- The event will take place exclusively online using Zoom.
- Seats to the live, in person portion of the event are limited to 100 attendees. These tickets are first-come, first-served.
- The event will be recorded and sent via email to all registrants (including those on wait-list).
- We encourage you to bring questions to ask Dr. Thomas during the Q&A session. If you are unable to attend live but have a question you would like answered, please send your question to email@example.com.
With any concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org